Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Aches and pains

"Norminn" wrote in message
m...
On 11/2/2011 9:54 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Motrin IB isn't doing much good for me, tonight. The little
brown generic ibuprophen also don't do much good.

Aleve seems to help, generic naproxyn is useless.

Generic acetaminophen seems to help. Arthritis strength
generic acetaminophen seems to help.

Wish I could find a pill that's cheap, and relieves pain.

Hi,
Pain comes from inflammation. There are foods which can increase pain
level. You shouldn't touch alcoholic drinks with those drugs. They are
hard on your stomach and known to cause bone loss possibly leading to
Osteoporosis used long term.. Worth trying Curamin by Terry Naturally.
You can get the info. on the 'net. Pretty powerful stuff matching the
strength of Celebrex.

Too much acetaminophen can harm the liver, especially for those who drink
a lot. That is NOT a reason to not use acet., as it is considered by a
lot of docs to be good for sore backs because it has some muscle relaxing
properties. I worked in workers comp. case management for quite a while,
and dealt with lots of back problems. A session with a good doc (who does
more than hand out prescriptions) is a good place to start. Being out of
shape/obese is part of most back problems...swimming and bicycling are
good, low impact activities to help strengthen backs. Avoid sitting or
standing continuously for long periods. Have a good firm mattress. I've
hurt my back a couple of times, seriously enough to be in bed a
while...anti. inflam., heat, rest were the cures for me. Surgery or
injections would be my last choice, after I'd tried everything else.

Coping works a little, too.

Steve