Gerald Ross

Default A Few Notes on My New Grizzly G1018HW 8" jointer

KYHighlander wrote:
I'm going to buy the 75" bed version of that jointer this summer and I have
a question. On those handwheels do they have the locking nut like the table
saw does? The reason I ask this is that my wife's uncle lost fingers due to
an idiot playing with the wheels on his jointer and I feel like the lock nut
would prevent this. Jointers scare the devil out of me, a healthy fear I
suppose.

KY

If someone wanted to change the wheel setting, why would the locking
knob prevent it? It is not a key lock or combination lock. The lock is
just to keep it from drifting, but mine doesn't drift nor does it lock.
My shop door *does*.

--

Gerald Ross, Cochran, GA
To reply add the numerals "13" before the "at"