Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default Aches and pains

"dadiOH" wrote in :

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Seems to be mostly lower back pain. I wonder, now. My
computer chair has several wooden rods that go up the back,
and I wonder if I need to add some padding, the rods push me
in the back.

Maybe but I kinda doubt it. Much depends on your age and how other
joints feel. As we get older, most people seem to develop some
arthritis. If it is in your spine, you can get a variety of kinds of
pain, not necessarily in your back. When mine first started acting up
I thought I had a mild kidney infection as that was where it hurt.
Not so, as tests showed. If it persists, you really need to talk to
your doc and figure out what is causing it. If it is spinal stenosis,
an MRI - AKA "Adventures in Claustrophobia" - will show it.

BTW, I used Aleve for my back for about a year. When my back started
constantly feeling as if the Jolly Green Giant had whacked me across
the back with a baseball bat I gave up and went for the epidural
steroid shots.

Aleve (naproxen) is a fairly strong NSAID that falls in the category that
inhibits COX-2 somewhat too muc (IMNSHO). It's a balance between backpain
and heart/stroke risk ...

I've had and still have back pains or sciatica occasionally. The very best
remedy is exercising the muscles that hold your spine together. That
includes belly of course. I should do my exercising much more
conscientiously. Physical therapy and chiropractic, or a supervised
exercise regimen in a gym are highly recommended!

--
Best regards
Han