Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Kevin Miller[_2_] Kevin Miller[_2_] is offline

Default more newbie observations

On 11/02/2011 09:40 PM, Mac Davis wrote:
On Wed, 02 Nov 2011 17:41:41 -0800, Kevin
wrote:

Kevin.. I was the OP.. Used hex head screws into pilot holes,
tightened with a socket.ratchet..

No catch.. was removing bark wirh a cardbide tool (with tailsdtock)
and it started to wobble.. I turned off the lathe at about the same
time as the wood fell off..

All I can think of is that the vibrations backed the screws out....
never had anything like this happen before..

Wow, that's really odd. I presume you were in sound wood. With the
tailstock up it's hard to see how it could come loose. But stranger
things have happened...

--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska