Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Aches and pains

On Thu, 3 Nov 2011 10:16:32 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

You're right, I hadn't really given a lot of thought to
aspirin. Have to try that, see if it helps.

I don't take it much (other than 325mg/day for the heart) but I like aspirin
for headaches and some pain. It's great for fever and such.

I've also heard of lots of problems with Tylenol (R).

Acetominifin. Avoid it like the plague. Doesn't do anything for me anyway.

Ibuprofin works much better as an NSAID but it too is dangerous in large
doses. I take it very sparingly but when my feet or knees act up, I'll grab
it.

I "twanged" a tendon in my wrist last week (clamping pocket hole clamp in an
awkward position). The doctor at the Doc-in-the-box put me on Tramadol. Took
three and decided I preferred the pain. He wouldn't put me on an NSAID because
my BP spiked. The regular doc put me on a low-dose NSAID. Works *great*. The
swelling went down within a couple of hours and the constant pain is gone
(still can't move the wrist - the brace makes it harder, too).

Might part of my problem is my computer chair digs me in the
back. I've put on some padding, see if that helps. Thanks
for the common sense wisdom.

Get a better chair. Cheaping out on a chair that's used for any time is
foolish.