Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fishing network cables?

Once you have the hole for the face plate, you can drill
down from above, using an installer bit (typically two,
four, or six feet long, and I've seen em at Harbor Freight).
Often they have a hole in the end of the bit, so you can tie
on the wire, and use the bit to pull the wire back through
the hole you just made.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"bob" wrote in message
I need some ethernet cables between my computer room and the
TV room. The
easiest way is to run the cable in the crawlspace and then
up through the
floor for about 1 foot.

The plan is to drill a hole from the crawlspace up into the
space between
two inside walls (one of them is the TV room) and between
two studs. Then I
can make an opening on the wall for the faceplate and the
network jack.
There is an electrical outlet on that wall, but I don't
think that's going
to help.

If I could drill the hole from the top between the walls and
between studs,
that would be easy. But since I can't get a drill inside the
walls, I have
to drill up from the crawlspace. How do you identy the area
between two
drywall, from the crawlspace looking up?