Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Miller[_3_] Doug Miller[_3_] is offline

Default Is acetone more greasy now?

On 11/2/2011 11:51 PM, wrote:
I use a fair bit of acetone. I have always accepted that it leaves a
bit of an oily residue. Recently I have been finding a *lot* of oily
residue. Is it just a rogue bottle or has anyone else noticed this? If
so is the likely cause cutting costs during production?

Acetone evaporates almost instantly, and leaves *no* residue. If you're
seeing any oily residue at all from acetone, it's not pure. Bitch at the
supplier.

What specific product are you using, so I know what to avoid? :-)