Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Well problems

On Wed, 2 Nov 2011 19:30:43 -0700 (PDT), noname87
wrote:

2) After a heavy rain the water will be cloudly (more redish) for a
day or two. I am in NC with that nice reddish soil.

4) I have discussed this with two well drillers. They both stated that
surging the well could 1) cause more problems and 2) be a waste of
money. They think the sediment could be from a hole in the casing or a
failing seal where the casing meets the bedrock. Either way, they
claim that surface water could be entering the well and recommended a
new well (Not surprising. They are drillers.).

Any thoughts? I am looking into a new well. In my area, most new wells
are 6 inch drilled to 200-300 feet. Needless to say, this is not
cheap. The property will also make running the pipe difficult and
expensive. I would just like a feeling if what I am being told makes
sense.

Thanks for any help.

After a rain, the water is cloudy. That indicates the leaking the
drillers told yo about. 35 feet is rather shallow for a well today,
at least where I live. I think they are probably correct.