Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sharpening stones

Then there is natural stone - e.g. Arkansas and such. A very fine grit.
I was making some while in college - small pocket ones for the Ag guys.
They always had a nice knife in their pocket - and so did I. My room
Mate during frosh year was AG - and got me introduced.

Martin

On 10/31/2011 7:51 PM, CW wrote:

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message ...

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 08:35:30 -0700, jtpr wrote:

Anyway it seems I probably need 2, a course and a fine. I was hoping to
find somebody who made a dual sided block, but I guess not. Who would
you all recommend that is the best bang for the buck?

Hoo boy, did you open a can of worms. There's oil stones, water stones ,
ceramic stones, diamond stones, ad infinitum. At least the oil stones
and water stones come in man made and natural. And then there's
ScarySharp, narrow belt sanders, ...

Did you see the part where he said he was sharpening carbide?