Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jk jk is offline

Default Three phase 45 kva transformer

Paul Drahn wrote:

We learned the hard way to never switch on an unloaded transformer.
Blows a fuse in the metering panel almost every time. So, the
transformer is never shut off using the circuit breakers.

Paul

I may be your experience, but it is one of those
"things that you know...That just ain't so"

The inrush to a transformer depends on several things, one of them is
the load, but the load ALWAYS adds to the inrush.

THe other things are the magnetic state the transformer core was left
at, and the where on the sine wave the voltage is at the moment you
close in.
jk