Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Power Main Monitoring Question?

On Nov 2, 5:15*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
wrote:
OK - living in the Northest USA is beginning to suck!!!

Given a standard SquareD main elec panel which include a main 200amp
breaker with the breaker in the OFF position, is there
anything/anyway to monitor the incoming line for energy?

Ideally one could install something across one or both of the lines
that glows a neon or led when energized.

Of course I'm being lazy as I'm running on generator. *But with all
the outages this year I'm getting fed up with killing everything and
retrying the main, back and forth, back and forth, etc.

Ideas? *Thanks

Ed: *you should go back to Tuscany. I bet they have power there!!!

Voltmeter?- Hide quoted text -

That would be too easy.