Greg

Default help getting my shop organized!

My garage is a complete mess and it drives SWMBO crazy but by far the
best thing I ever did was build a work bench with lumber storage.
Definitely got rid of the big spider habitat I had in the corner of
the garage. Looking at the work bench from the side it looks like
this.

-----
| |
| |
| |
--------| |
| | |
--------| |
| | |
--------| |
| | |
-------------
0 0

Lumber goes in the 3 slots under the bench area and sheet goods go in
the tall section in the back. I also has lots of peg board space on
both front surfaces. It's also on wheels to make it mobile but it's
way too heavy and I've never actually moved it. I believe the design
came out of some wood working mag a couple of years back but I don't
remember which one. This is the best thing I ever did to my shop!

Greg

dhmeiser1ahoo.com (dhmeiser) wrote in message . com...
HI All,

It seems that my ISP does not allow posting to groups only downloading
so I am using google post! (sorry if this becomes a duplicate posting)

After becoming totally frustruated at my workshop I have decided to
knucle
down and get the place organized. OK how about sharing your tips and
methods for keeping such things as your hand power tools, their
accessories
organized. How do you keep such items as nails, screws and other
hardware
sorted and redably available. Also how do you keep small items shuch
as
screw bits and such orderly.

I would like to have input on what has worked and what has failed.

Right now I have two locations for my tools one is in the upper
section of
my barn where my big power tools are located, tablesaw, Joiner, RAS
are
located. the other tools tend to "float" between my bacement the barn.
The
barn is unheated so this time of year I don't use it as much as the
bacement. One of the ways I have tried (unscucessfully) was to put the
tools
in toolboxes labled with the function of tools (general, electrical,
plumbing ...) So what has worked for you and what hasn't?

Thanks,
Dave M