Posted to alt.home.repair
Peter[_14_] Peter[_14_] is offline

Default Battery Leak

On 11/1/2011 6:19 PM, Joe wrote:
On Nov 1, 8:19 am, Michael wrote:
I had a battery leak in a flashlight, but caught it quickly so not a lot of
damage to the aluminum case. I cleaned it with a wire brush and alcohol,
but now the batteries are corroding in two days. Any ideas on how to
neutralize the corrosion?

Mike D.

Given your situation, I would simply send the flashlight to the
battery manufacturer to take advantage of their warranty. If the
batteries are a non warranty type, it would be appropriate to simply
discard the corroded item and buy a new, maybe better, one. Your time
has value...use it wisely. Your call.

JB

Have you checked postal package rates lately? Unless he has a
particularly expensive flashlight, the shipping costs might not be worth
the price.