Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stihl Chainsaw running too fast

Just a SWAG, there is a coil spring that is missing. That
pulls the trigger down.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
It's an older saw I bought at a garage sale. Runs well,
except it
runs way too fast. There is no idle when I release the
trigger.
However, if I push downward on the trigger button, it slows
down to
idle. In other words, the problem is in the trigger itself,
not a
carb adjustment screw.

My question is what is causing the trigger to not slow down.
It's in
the handle, so I'm not sure how to even get to it. When I
remove the
top air cleaner cover, I can see the rod that goes to the
carb from
the trigger, and when I apply downward pressure on the
trigger that
rod is pulled back and the saw slows.

Is this a common problem on these saws? How do I fix it?

Thanks