Posted to alt.home.repair
jtpr jtpr is offline

Default Recommendations for Generator install in seacoast NH area

Yes, the switch is included with the generator cost I mentioned. I'm finding that an 8kw is ~$5,000 installed, and 10kw is ~$5700 installed. That is based on 2 quotes so far. The second one was more helpful in breaking down the costs. For example, he said the propane tank could run $1000. I always thought the company supplying the gas provided that as they did a loooong time ago growing up in NY.

Then the hook up, electrician, permits, etc. I can see how it can add up. I was thinking it was a matter of the store delivering it to where you want it and the electrician running the necessary wire to the box, maybe $1000 more.

You got a good deal on the 16kw.

Live and learn,
-Jim