Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default FIT slashed

dennis@home wrote:

But you are correct.
Even nuclear uses fossil fuels.

No, it doesn't dennis.
It uses uranium.
No fossilised animals are involved in making uranium.
Renewable energy is after all really fossil fuel, if you say that
uranium is. The sun is just an unshielded out of control nuclear reactor
that kills 3000 people a year in the UK, alone, from skin cancer, after
all.

Everything uses fossil fuels, there is no substitute being used.
Until everything is electric and we are generating it all using nuclear
we will still be using fossil fuels.

True.
Except we can in fact synthesise hydrocarbon fuels (albeit inefficiently).