DonkeyHody

Default Amperage for 5HP table saw?

Well, now you caught me without my code book but that seems to imply that it is a dedicated, hardwired motor, being supplied by a
motor controller that incorporates both instantaneous (like an MCP) and overload protection AND that it pertains to the wiring
between the motor controller and the motor.

I could be wrong, but I doubt you could convince a residential electrical inspector to pass an installation with #10 wire being
protected by a 40A breaker.

Al,
That section is specifically NOT about the factory installed wire
between the factory installed motor controller and the motor. I went
to the trouble to look up the reference for you and even took the time
to quote chaper and verse. I'm not going to type the whole chapter
for you. If you want to argue context, at least go to the trouble to
read the chapter so you'll know what your're talking about.

Now I remember why I mostly just lurk here.

DonkeyHody
We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that
is in it - and stop there; lest we be like the cat that sits down on a
hot stove-lid. She will never sit down on a hot stove-lid again---and
that is well; but also she will never sit down on a cold one anymore.
Mark Twain