Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Ventless Propane Stoves

On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 07:27:02 -0700 (PDT), Country
wrote:

I'm seriously considering replacing my pellet stove that I use to heat
the downstairs of my house with a ventless propane stove.

My problem is that I don't know much about those propane stoves. How
much crap does the ventless ones put in the air inside the house? I
don't think you can have combustion efficient enough to not put some
smoke or contaminants in the air. Do they break down all the time
too?

My son has one in his house. He's used it for the past 10 years with
no problems.

The main savings is that he does not have to heat the rest of the
house very much since it is an old, big, utility user. Propane is not
cheap, so run the numbers first if this is the primary fuel.