Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Unlock your car with a string

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
This seems to have a very low probably of working. Anyone ever done
it?

http://www.wikihow.com/Unlock-Your-Car-with-String

I was at Atlanta raceway one weekend in the infield. The driver of a
new Camaro had locked his keys in the car. The guy was trying to
break the windshield with a large rock to get the keys. Lucky for him
the windshield wouldn't break. He went around to the driver side and
broke the drivers' window.

I worked for about ten years on the Las Vegas Strip as a parking attendant.
We had lots of people locking their keys in the cars. We'd give them the
spiel of, "Well, we can give the locksmith a call, but it will cost you $100
or more, but we MIGHT be able to get it open........................ Mind
if we try?" Except for Mercedes, RR, and Corvettes, I didn't have a problem
with most of them, and a lot were very very easy. Governor Miller was the
worst. He'd say, "I did it again.........", and we'd just wave him on.
"Don't worry, we'll take care of it." Lincolns take about five seconds to
get into the back door. Most are surprisingly easy with a slim Jim, or a
piece of precisely bent SS filler rods. If you don't panic, and use logic,
it takes a real doofus to use a rock to enter a lockout. A couple of wood
shims are the most valuable items.

Steve