Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Recommendations for Generator install in seacoast NH area

On Nov 1, 3:23*pm, jtpr wrote:
I live outside of Portsmouth, NH and I've had it with losing power. *Anyway I want to get an estimate on installing an 8k or 10k (not sure which)standby generator that fails over automatically. *This may be too expensive, but why not start at the top.

I talked to the people that HD recommended and they wanted over 5k to install an 8k. *Considering an 8k Generac is $2249 at HD, I thought the total was pretty extreme. *Of course, this is the first call I made, so perhaps that is what they get. *

If anybody has any good installer recommendations it would be appreciated..

Thanks,
Jim

Choosing your own installer is probably a better choice than the box
store workers. For one thing, you're only paying one contractor's
profit, not that plus the HD markup. Follow common sense rules as you
would in choosing any contractor; there are online guides for doing
so, Google it.

Joe