Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Chapman Roger Chapman is offline

Default FIT slashed

On 01/11/2011 19:28, dennis@home wrote:

"Roger Chapman" wrote in message

Harry appears to have invested some £15,000 and if we assume his 8% so
far this year translates into 10% over the course of a full year he
will be lucky to get all his capital back in ten years as the FIT
reduces year by year.

Harry's fit doesn't reduce year by year, it goes up as its index linked.
It was intended that *new* installations would start at a lower rate of
fit each year.
Now they are halving it on *new* installations.

Mea culpa. I looked at the table and assumed that the year on year
tables showed a declining return rather than a declining investment for
new entrants.

I see they have indexed by RPI so far. How long before that changes to
the lower index?

A wasting investment of £15000 needs to pay £600 pa just to return the
capital in 25 years. At 21p that is 2857 KWH just to recover the
capital. Dodgy.

--
Roger Chapman