Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Aeroponics. Was: OT politics and crossposts

On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 20:08:52 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 22:33:51 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

"John B." wrote:

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:34:06 -0700, Winston
wrote:

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:
wrote in message
Starting yesterday , anyone initiating *OR* *RESPONDING* to a crossposted
political post will be joining the current inhabitants of my killfile .

(...)

The Zombie nutjobs all came out of hiding when Obama got elected.

Nineteen minutes. That has to be some kind of record.

I've been in CAD for the last few days designing my aeroponics
tower. Hopefully, it'll allow me to grow heirloom veggies in
my tiny suburban back yard, by placing the plants several feet
in the air (where the sun *does* shine).

http://www.insideurbangreen.org/aeroponics/
Scroll about 25% down to play the video:
"CNN Covers The Rooftop Aeroponic Tower Gardens"

The frame will be primed - and - painted 1/2" square tube that'll
be pop riveted to corner connectors TIGed from 5/8" square tube.
I'll heat and stretch some 10 mil poly over the back, top and
front and fix it in place with riveted stretcher bars at the
base. I can retrofit a stouter cover in case the poly proves
too weak for the 'environmental challenges'.

The plants will sprout from a vertical piece of ABS DWV anchored
to the frame.

The side doors will be made the same way as the frame
from 1/2" square tube and gusseted 5/8" TIG'ed corner supports.
I hope that the corner gussets will keep the doors planar and
prevent them from 'potato chipping', especially after I stretch
the poly fabric over them.

Yesterday I devoured Les Bridgewood's _Hydroponics, soilless
gardening explained_ thoughtfully checked out of the county
library by SWMBO. I shall have to re-read it more carefully
over the next couple days.

Right now, I'm looking for some 12 V ~80 PSIG water pumps to
cycle at 4.2 milliHertz (a few aerosol spritz's every 4
minutes). I'd rather not be in the 'water pump business' so
a turnkey solenoid - driven pump would be super cool.

Perhaps something like this, with a solenoid pressing from
above:
http://www.seaquistperfect.com/PAGES...technical.html

Ideas gratefully entertained.

--Winston

Not being obnoxious but what in the world are "heirloom veggies"?

Older, non hybrid veggies.

I'm still puzzled. A carrot isn't a carrot any more?

A man with a vasectomy is still..mostly..a man.

He just cant reproduce.

Gunner Asch