Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default FIT slashed

On Nov 1, 1:20*pm, Adam Aglionby wrote:
On Nov 1, 9:49*am, harry wrote:

On Oct 31, 9:40*pm, misterroy wrote:

On Oct 31, 7:46*pm, John Rumm wrote:

On 31/10/2011 19:24, harry wrote:

Mind you, 0.21/Kwh would still give a better return than money in the
bank these days.
I wonder what percentage of the national load it provides on a sunny
day?
I have done 2747Kwh to date.

It hardly matters, it will need a proper power station sat there in hot
reserve anyway, so its real contribution is of little value.

--
Cheers,

John.

| * * * * *Internode Ltd - *http://www.internode.co.uk** * * * *|
| * * * *John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk * * * * * * *|

" I have done 2747Kwh to date."
How long have you been generating and what is the max rating?
ta- Hide quoted text -

The other factor is you save off your electricity bill butyou need to
tailor your life round sunny days to get the maximum benifit. Ideally
you need to be retired, ie in the house round midday.
In Summer you can save a lot but in Winter much less scope.
Time switches and watching the weather forecast could help.

Make an interesting point, load management related to local and
forecast conditions would seem to make sense.

Hardware and network connectivity has never been cheaper or easier.

In Summer you can knock a third off your bill but I dunno about
Winter,it will be much less.

I did think about fitting time switches to our freezers etc to stop
them coming on by night (when obviously no power is generated.)

Wonder if super insulated fridges are a money saver...

Cheers
Adam

The A+ rated ones are well insulated. I imagine the only real way to
improve their efficiency is to insulate them more.