Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default FIT slashed

On Nov 1, 5:31*am, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:24:19 -0700 (PDT), harry wrote:

I expect the price of panels will come down.

Why? The bottom has just been knocked out of the market.

There won't half be a rush before Christmas.

Except that actually getting a system installed before 12th Dec might
be quite tricky with all the accredited Solar PV firms fully booked
up...

I wonder what percentage of the national load it provides on a sunny
day?

4/5ths of bugger all. From the article linked to at the start of this
thread:

"As a result, figures from Ofgem show the amount of solar power
installed in the UK has increased dramatically, from 30 megawatts
(MW) before the subsidy started in 2010 to 321MW by October this
year."

321MW installed capacity with UK deamnd of around 40,000MW so about
0.8%.

and a capacity factor of around 10% so 0.08% overall

I have done 2747Kwh to date.

In what ? 6 months?

An average of 600 watts?

And that was the summer.

So an average of 300 watts over the year?

Less energy that we have used from oil for hot water and some space
heating lately all summer.

Its about 300 litres of oil innit?

Harry has saved the planet from burning four car tankfuls of diesel.- Hide quoted text -

I haven't been running for a year so where do you get 300w from?
I have generated three times what I have use dis a more useful
statistic