Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default FIT slashed

The Other Mike wrote:

On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 02:35:51 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

The electricity I have generated so far has paid back 8% of capital
already in two quarters. Obviously the next two quarters will be much
reduced.
As it is tax free that's worth even more.

They shoudl force parasitic c*nts like you to go off grid. You'll be
able to keep warm by running on a treadmill linked to a generator.

I agree that the FIT scheme was superficially stupid and unfair[1]

But I don't agree with bashing harry for the sake of it. If EDF came round
and left a bar of gold on my doorstep with a note saying "it's yours", I'd
be all over it like a ferret on a rabbit that fell into a jug of Bisto.

[1] There is an argument that a kickstart like this would drive down panel
costs, but water-solar panels seem to be doing fine by themselves and I
really would like to see the net sum energy input of one of these including
associated inverter, material transport costs and fitting vs a realistic
lifetime energy output averaged over the area where FIT was available.

--
Tim Watts