Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Three phase 45 kva transformer

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 22:27:54 -0500, Ignoramus23114
wrote:

I have bought a 3 phase 45 kvs transformer 480 - 240.

Since I buy and sell industrial equipment, I will be sure to come
across 460v only machines. So, I thought, I could use this transformer
to make 460v from 230v, which is what my building has.

So, realistically, can it be used in reverse? to make 460v.

'Ayup. Works fine

Gunner, who does this several times a month

Gunner Asch