Posted to uk.d-i-y
RobertL RobertL is offline

Default FIT slashed

On Nov 1, 9:35*am, harry wrote:
On Nov 1, 8:16*am, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 05:31:12 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
I have done 2747Kwh to date.

Less energy that we have used from oil for hot water and some

space
heating lately all summer.

Its about 300 litres of oil innit?

Harry has saved the planet from burning four car tankfuls of diesel.

A shade over 10kWHr per litre so more like 270l or nearer three
tankfuls of diesel...

I don't think Harry has ever seriously pushed "saving the planet". It
is purely a financial investment with a "guaranteed" return of about
10% over 20 years. Without factoring in rising grid prices.

--
Cheers
Dave.

True. *But in a few years electricity will cost 43 p/Kwh anyway.
The important thing is the electricity took up no further (fuel)
resources to generate it and will not for years to come.
The electricity I have generated so far has paid back 8% of capital
already in two quarters. Obviously the next two quarters will be much
reduced.
As it is tax free that's worth even more.
Anyone on this group that didn't get on the bandwagon has only
themselves to blame. *It has been made perfectly clear it was a good
deal.-

Some of us chose not to, because we felt the scheme was unethical.

Robert