Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer Weatherlawyer is offline

Default OT ... PC upgrade

On Nov 1, 9:21*am, Reentrant wrote:
On 31/10/2011 22:10, Rick Hughes wrote:

*.. I can buy the student version for £59 ..
http://www.software4students.co.uk/M...Ultimate_32_bi...

It even says family members of students can buy at this rate ?

How does this work ... does the big Bill gates empire time out the
software after 3 years, do they check you are a student ?

Anybody used the 'student' route to buy MS software ?

Used them several times. I don't think they do any checking up at all.
Old Farts like me who belong to U3A qualify for Microsoft products and
you get the activation code with the box, or online if you download.

But for Adobe products you only get a "coupon code" and the 30-day trial
product. You then have to send Adobe proof of genuine academic status -
student photo-card or letter of employment + current payslip - from an
accredited educational establishment. Only then will Adobe send you an
activation code.

Oh, I joined that a couple of weeks back. So I can get Microsoft cheap
eh?

Wow, that changes everything.

http://www.ebuyer.com/search?q=4+gb+...+drive&x=0&y=0 How come the preces vary so much; anyone?