Bill

Default OT - Social Security - term definition please.

Working Family = any one making minimum wage.
Wealthy = any one making MORE than minimum wage.

That's the million dollar question!

I say flat tax and don't worry about defining wealthy.

A friend of ours thinks he's NOT wealthy at $55k. His idea of broke
(poor) is that he can't make the payment on his Escalade AND buy a $250k
house AND go clubbing every weekend. We believe his perception of wealthy is
skewed.

We (a family of four) think the same $55 we made last year is wealthy. And
evidently the government does too.

I grew up in a farm house with no glass in the windows up stairs and a
mentally disturbed chicken running around the yard. Now, I have the joy of
being able to buy groceries at will. Truly. I can't buy groceries without
thinking about a time when my free lunch at school was my nutrition for the
day. It took my wife 3 years to get me to buy chips and cookies from time to
time. I refused to. It was meats and veggies. I still don't eat half the
meals I cook, from habit.

It nice to point out from time to time that we have the wealthiest "poor"
people in the world.

I'd argued with a neighbor that said "Because of Bush, she couldn't afford
to buy her child clothes." I pointed out that evidently clothes we're the
worry when she got that fancy Weave, purchased that dime bag and put those
$500 rims on her Sequoia (Sp?). Her response was "Well my boyfriend bought
those". To which my response was "Sell them and buy clothes!". The rims are
still on the suv 6 months later.

It's all in perception.

Now if we're talking stinking ass rich, that's a different story. BUT, I
still think a flat tax is the only fair tax. The tax system as it stands now
punishes achievement and gives a false appearance of who is wealthy and who
is not.

"Kevin" wrote in message
Certainly not picking a fight here but what is meant by the term wealthy

or
rich? I hear and read this term quite a bit and, given it is an election
year, have no doubt that its frequency of use will increase.

So, what is meant by it? Ideally I'd like to know the meaning or

definition
in terms of both total net assets and annual net income

"Swingman" wrote in message

You're wrong. "Most" politicians aren't "wealthy"... until they get into
Congress.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/28/04