Posted to alt.home.repair
rlz rlz is offline

Default CO detector

On Oct 31, 6:05*pm, wrote:
On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 23:00:17 +0000 (UTC), gregz
wrote:

notbob wrote:
I bought one and it appeared to not properly work. *In short, it was
crap. *

I want one that will work. *I have contacted our local fire dept that
has agreed to test it, whichever brand it may be. *But, it is forbidden
they recommend any specific brand.

I would like to hear any feedback, either pro or con, on this subject.

nb

I bought a cheap one and got no immediate results, but it might just have a
time constant. Had no readout.

Greg

I have 3 - all of them Kidde Nighthawks - and all working. The oldest
one uses a 9 volt battery for backup - the 2 newer ones have
rechargeable 8 volt Li-ion batteries- Hide quoted text -

Does an all-electric residential house that has no gas coming into the
house actually need a CO2 detector? If I read the paper correctly,
Colorado is requiring all new homes to have them, but not all new
homes have gas coming in.

Robin