Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour[_2_] RicodJour[_2_] is offline

Default OT Wall street occupation.

On Oct 27, 4:36*am, harry wrote:
On Oct 26, 6:46*pm, RicodJour wrote:

You do understand that the human heating apparatus is far more
variable, and its sensing mechanism far more sensitive to perceived
temperature, than a thermostat, right? *You do know that a person's
heat output and sense of temperature varies by time of day, when food
is consumed, and the thoughts they are thinking, right? *You do know
that only an idiot looks at a thermostat to see if they are warm or
cool, right? *Oops. *Sorry.

Don't revert to drivel. *You mean you go leaping for the heat control
every time you eat a hamburger?
If i want, I can buy a thermostat accurate to1/10 of a degree well
outside human perception.. *As for your remark about perception, this
is a case for the use of thermostats.The temperature needs to be
controlled by objective means not subjective means

"Outside of human perception"...yeah! I want one of those! I also
want the speakers I can't hear, and the TV I can't see. You are a
funny, funny man.

"Subjective means"...of course. Here's how mine works:
"Are you cold?"
"No, I'm kind of warm."
"Okay, I'll put on an overshirt."

And this is how yours works (assuming someone could bear to share a
room with you for more than five minutes):
"Can I turn up the heat?"
"Are you cold?"
"I'm asking, aren't I?"
"The thermostat is at the same optimized setting it is always set at.
You're not touching it!"
{leaving the room muttering} "Yeah, and I ain't touching you, either,
fat boy."

I don't dither with things. *If I am a bit cool, I put on a long
sleeve shirt. *If I'm a bit warm I roll up the sleeves. *No technology
can possibly sense where on my body I am cool/warm and adjust just
that area. *I have arms, legs and a brain and I use them to temper my
environment to suit me. *I don't see a need to lay about waiting for
it to be done for me. *That way lays obesity and sluggish thinking.
Oops, again. *Sorry.

More drivel. *So y'all sit about the house in overcoats if it happens
to get cold. *Is this some American cult thingI haven't heard about?
The object of the exercise is to maintain each room at the set
temperature regardless of weather and activities within the house.
The closer temperature is maintained to set temperature the better
comfort will be and the more energy saved.

You are without doubt one of the funniest fat men I've ever run
across! You really make me chuckle. "The object of the exercise",
indeed! Forgetting the fact that you and exercise are not exactly on
speaking terms, the real point of the exercise is human comfort, no?

You still haven't answered my question about what you do when there
are two or more people in a room. What does having a thermostat(s) in
_any_ location(s) do for people that share a space and have a
different idea of what comfort is?

I can see the reason you personally would need a thermostat within
reach of your LaZboy, as there's little doubt you spend most of your
time alone, but for people with less highly evolved alienation skills,
we learn to compromise. This includes the thermostat setting, and
even, gasp!, rolling up sleeves, taking off a layer, putting on a cap,
etc., to allow people to comfortably share a space.