Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Load center replacement

Look IDIOT. I charged my own ALL ELECTRIC car from this service for 2
years and never blew a fuse. *And if the new owner wants to change it
up to 200 amps it is a VERY SIMPLE situation of changing the breaker
in the panel and the meter base and 3 feet of wire. - and going to a
200 amp circuit does not solve ANY of the issues I am concerned with
right now. If I put in a 100 amp or a 400 amp panel doesn't make any
difference.

But it is your choice, your money and your hard luck if your
house ends up interesting yuppie/hippie types and you have
to fix a whole punch list of things really quickly (thus costing
more money for the time pressure) versus making your upgrades
on your own time table...

If they demand a 200 amp service the upgrade is a 1 hour job in the
house, possible change to the meter box outside and POSSIBLY a trench
to the street for the utility to upgrade - but I'm told the feeds are
ALL 200 amp in the subdivision.

if its so easy just do it all once...... changing the main entrance
cable to support 200 amps will solve many of the install issues. 90%
of all home buyers demand a home in perfect condition ready to move
in. a electrical make do can discourage lots of buyers

drywall is cheap, open the wall and do it right

once you put your home on the market / or under sales agreement all
repairs must be done by registered contractors. all buyers will want
receipts. this runs up the costs a lot