Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer Weatherlawyer is offline

Default OT ... PC upgrade

On Oct 31, 10:10*pm, "Rick Hughes"
wrote:
Carrying out upgrade so it *has an element of diy * :-)

PC is running Vista Ultimate *(genuine licensed)
If I look around I can get Windows 7 Ultimate upgrade for about £150

However .. I can buy the student version for £59 ..http://www.software4students.co.uk/M...Ultimate_32_bi...

It even says family members of students can buy at this rate ?

How does this work ... does the big Bill gates empire time out the software
after 3 years, do they check you are a student ?

Anybody used the 'student' route to buy MS software ?

59 quid is far too much. You can get easily better stuff on a USB
stick from a Linux distributer for about 20 quid. Eg Ubuntu Ultimate
Edition.

I bought a copy of XP students and teachers editions in 2001 or so.
Nobody asked me which I was.
(Both; till the day I die.)