Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Over a grand to move the electric meter!

Martin Warby wrote:
On Oct 31, 7:55 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
Nightjar wrote:

Only if the people who steal electricity have become a lot more
sophisticated since I was in the industry.

They are.

The cleverest we got was a chap who dug two quite small holes in the
party wall and drove 6 inch nails through them into the meter tails
belonging to his next door neighbour. Unfortunately for him, he hit
the ones coming out of the meter and the neighbour called us in to
investigate why his meter readings were suddenly a lot higher. Even
so, it took a keen-eyed engineer to spot it.

I know engineers that will fit a new unmetered supply to a house for
200 if you dig the hole ready for the new connection.

They turn up with YEDL signed van (yes a works van not a copy) and
they do the connection on their dinner break

Not bad for 1 hours work.

--
Adam

wonder if they collect the £200 then dob em in a collect some kind of
reward ?

Well that is a good way of not getting repeat business.

--
Adam