Posted to alt.home.repair
John F.F. John F.F. is offline

Default Iron Stained Fixtures, Tubs and Things

What can I use to remove iron stained surfaces like acrylic and plastic:tub,
inside of d/washer, etc.? I've tried a number of off the shelf products but
not very successfully. I'm on a well and have and have an inline water
filter before the water softener (which of course doesn't remove iron or
other mineral deposits. My water filter is actually reddish brown stained
and somewhat caked each time I change it. At some point I should install an
iron filter system but can't right now. Thanks for the input.