Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Johns Hopkins Update

On Oct 31, 10:14*am, David Paste wrote:
On Oct 31, 1:48*pm, "Eric" wrote:

The only "miracle" is that much of the public will still pay for the
floundering of the "conventional medicine" quacks pretending to "cure"
people.

Taking one extreme view or the other helps no-one. You've got to think
critically. This link may be useful to you:

http://www.badscience.net/

Writing off 'conventional medicine' due to opinion is silly, equally
as silly as accepting 'alternative medicine' as viable due to someone
else's opinion.

For what it's worth, I tend to think of medicine as falling into two
categories too, but my categories a

1. Evidence-based medicine, and
2. Wishfull-thinking based bull****.

There is also a US based site:

http://www.theskepticsguide.org/

a group of people including doctors, who pull-apart quackery.

But please don't think that the OPs forwarded letter is of any value
when it contains such glaring errors as

"Milk causes the *body to produce mucus, especially in the
gastro-intestinal tract. *Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting
off milk and *substituting with unsweetened soy milk cancer
cells are being *starved."

Where-else other than the gastro-intestinal tract would mucus be
produced?
DOES cancer really "feed on mucus"?

And the even more-established-to-be-bull****:

"Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot *of
digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in *the
intestines becomes putrefied and leads to more *toxic
buildup."

Meat IS NOT difficult to digest. It may take longer, but this is a
GOOD THING as it mean you don't feel hungry so often.
How does undigested meat stay in the intestines? Why wouldn't
peristaltic action shift it all along the gut?

I am not trying to attack you personally, just combat bull****.

If anything, we don't eat enough meat, but eat waaaaay too much
processed **** they call 'meat'.
Rarely (if ever) does a natural product 'improve' when industrial
corporations screw with it.
Same goes for processed dairy, grain and sugar/salt laden anything!
Take a look at a 1000 year curve of modern diseases and overlay that
on a curve when we started screwing with food. It will amaze you.
Fruits, veggies, meats, unaltered from its natural form (processing,
pesticides etc., etc.) is what will keep us healthy.
A ground-up pig's cock/ears/lips/arse (AKA as a hotdog), with a list
of 40 deadly ingredients added is NOT the way to stay healthy. The
salt alone will hurt you... and now they're all on about 'Sea Salt'?
WTF? Does salt really give a **** where it comes from?

Hey, but find a way, that the nerve that runs from the eyeball to the
brain, can be modified, plumped up, sugared, salted, coloured, and
then sold as a treat to the kids, and the MBA running that outfit will
get another bonus. Of course the packaging will announce in bold
letters: All natural! Sea Salt! Sugar product from natural corn! No
animals were used in the testing of this product..... hey, but testing
on our kids is okay, no?

The absolute garbage they sell in ordinary supermarkets these days
makes me cringe. But wait! There's more! Now they are genetically
modifying that garbage to boot!

How about Occupying Monsanto?