Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default RPC to XMFR question

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
Sounds like PM is pretty sure you can change your Fadal. That's the
better way to go.

You can also use a three phase transformer to step up to 480. I do it
for my plasma cutter. I had to play with the taps the get the voltages
right.

I step up here also, with a 30kva dry type delta/delta and also with an old
400amp welding transformer that Iv'e reconfigured to operate as a wye
autotransformer..

But depending on exact winding configuration and conection, issues can arise
with isolation, detection of load-side ground fault detection at the supply
side, loss of one phase, so forth and so on...

As such, it's probably the topic for a different discussion.