Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Adding external air tank to existing air compressor to give equivalent bigger tank [It works so far...]

On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 22:25:39 -0400, blueman wrote:
So it seems like the 1/2inch air hose and 1/4 inch fittings (at both
ends) were insufficient to supply enough pressure to maintain 55 psi
through the irrigation system. I guess this makes sense since the
irrigation system itself has 1" diameter pipes and the heads probably
let through a lot more air than the 10 gallon/minute of water that it
does when driven by water.

I'm betting on the regulator being your bottleneck. If you're running
90psi normally, the 115 shouldn't be a problem, as it won't be that
high for long.

So, it still had no problem clearing all the zones (one-by-one) of water
down to a slight mist. But I'm not sure the added tank made much of a
difference. Still, for ~$40, it seems like a good addition to my stem
that I can use for multiple uses in the future.

It might have been more evident at the full rate, without the
regulator. You could always fill and try it again to see.

--
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened.