Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Switched outlet bypass for lamp

On Oct 30, 6:01*pm, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 15:49:42 -0400, Metspitzer
wrote:

On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 15:11:47 -0400, Art Todesco
wrote:

My bedroom has half of every duplex outlet switched. *I have 3 lamps
plugged into various outlets on the switched side around the room, so
when the switch is turned on, all 3 lamps light. *One lamp is right next
to my bed. *I would, at times, like to turn it on ... usually when I'm
in bed. *I know how to build such a circuit, but I don't want to make
something that might be available. *All it would take is an SPDT
non-shorting switch, 2 polarized line cords with plugs and a box to put
it into. *Oh ya, and a female outlet to plug the lamp into. *Anyone see
such an animal? *Thanks.

I would just plug that lamp into the hot side.

We have a winner!

or add a additional lamp for such applications