Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Short cycle alarm

The one time I worked on a well pump, it had some kind of
gadget that "regulates the air". I think I finally figured
it out. Diaphram, and a couple check valves. Every time the
pump went on and off, it injected a bit of air into the well
tank. Made perfect sense, to me.

Bit metal air compressor, and blow the water out of the
tanks. That works too. Twice a year, with clock changes and
smoke detector batteries.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Karl Townsend" wrote in
message ...

yea, we already looked them up. Two 120 gallon tanks at $800
each.
Plus, I can see the plumbing would never come apart. I'm
guessing a
couple hundred here for new fittings and pipe. This is a
five horse
well and two inch plumbing.

Anyway, keeping them topped with air will have to do for a
while. I've
been doing this 1/year with no trouble. I might have forgot
last year.
Karl