Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Northeast storm, Oct 29, 2011, 2.2 million without power

I'm sorry to hear that. Isn't that the way, buy equipment
and not used it. I've had similar results with my 1/2 HP
sump pump and 75 feet of discharge hose. Five or more years,
and finally got to use it.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Karl Townsend" wrote in
message news
32 years ago, Milady and I bought a nice farm site out in
the country.
New experience for her. A few months later I spotted a 5KW
genset for
$250 and snapped it right up. MAN was she ****ED. That money
was for a
wash machine so she wouldn't have to go to the laundry. I
explained
about ice storms, snow storms, and thunder storms putting
the power
out for days. It didn't help. We've never needed that back
up genny.
And its still a sore spot.

karl