Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Joining plastic to cast-iron gutters

In message , root
writes

snip

Why not shorten your neighbours gutter back a few inches, refit the
adapter and scrounge a short length of half round plastic gutter to mate
with your running outlet?

Not the nicest job at the top of a ladder but you can drill cast iron.
If you scrounge the ribbed rubber strip from a gutter joint and use
stainless fixings you should get a long lasting seal.

On scrounging... I have all those parts to hand:-)

It sounds like your bits box is far superior to mine. I'm just considering this
as an opportunistic fix - not something I want to turn into a project. So I'll
probably use whatever I can get my hands on. If it lasts a year or two, that's
better than what's there now (and you never know, the neighbours might
get round
to sorting out a permanent fix). I don't want to go cutting their gutters as
then I'll "own" the problem and it'll always be my fault ...

Nothing with re-use possibilities ever knowingly thrown away:-)

They are your neighbours:-)

regards

--
Tim Lamb