Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default crimping faq

On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 12:39:37 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

Chewed up? It should just take on the profile of the crimp tool without
perforating. It's insulated for a purpose.

Sorry, perhaps I used the wrong word. Perhaps I should have said
"squashed". Mine look like those in the photos, so I am sure it is my
language that is wrong, not my technique!

Regarding the uninsulated crimps, the ones I have seen are not like
those linked from the wiki but like these:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/lucar-female-connector-1070

with "open ends" which the tool wraps around onto the wire.

Thanks,
Fred

PS just to clarify: I was only commenting on what a useful resource
the page was and I didn't contribute to it in any way.