Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Can this yard furniture be saved?

On 10/30/2011 12:56 AM, Sjouke Burry wrote:
Higgs wrote in
:

Here are pix of (I think) wrought iron yard furniture that I have
allowed to deteriorate for years. Rusted to hell.

I really like the furniture, esp. the table has a lovely glass top
that I put in. So I would like to rehab. them.

But is this feasible as a DIY job? In terms of time and effort?

If anybody thinks it's worth a try, what would you use to remove the
rust and prep for repainting? I have heard good and bad about Naval
Jelly. Is there a "professional" product that would do a better job?

TIA for any help.

This is a new Tiny Pic account, so hope it comes through OK.

http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/...ion=view&curre
nt=yardfurniture.jpg

HB

Have it sandblasted. That leaves you with clean
rustfree iron.
Then paint things.

Same company that does sandblasting can probably put on a protective
coating before the flash rust gets started. Look for 'metal finishing'
in yellow pages. It will be a couple hundred bucks, though, and you will
need to take it to them in pieces.

--
aem sends...