Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default OT Wall street occupation.

On 10/30/2011 12:17 AM, Robert Green wrote:
(snip)

Precisely. Big Oil and Big Pharma have learned to plead poverty all the way
to the bank as they lobby for even more tax breaks. Big Oil constantly
forgets they are extracting something that doesn't belong to them, but to
every US citizen and yet we pay more everyday for our own mineral wealth.
Where's the money going?

If the Feds can run the largest military organization in the world, they're
perfectly capable of hiring everyone and everything they need to extract our
oil for us. Deregulation for some necessities of life has been pretty bad
for the consumer and much better for the stockholder instead of a public
trust. Business has been slowly infiltrating many previously government-run
institutions with less than stellar cost savings or results.

I won't bother addressing some of the other points I don't find
plausible, but could not let this one go unremarked. I've worked for DoD
for over 30 years. They have trouble finding their ass with both hands,
and probably waste one dollar out of three. They succeed in the field by
throwing money at problems till they are overcome. Nationalizing the
oil production infrastructure would, within a decade, give us $10 gallon
gas.

--
aem sends...