Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
john B. john B. is offline

Default OT - If Gaddafi had lived in Amercia, he would have belonged to the Tea Party.

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 17:05:57 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 18:16:41 +0700, John B.

John B.
I read that we are actually entering an ice age with gradual cooling.
So the data can be interpreted in various ways, depending on the
resolution, the span, the scaling and the rate. I think the reality of
the warming/cooling ultimately all depends from the great ruler ( no pun
intended) in the sky, the sun. And since the chaotic internal workings
at the atomic level of that celestial body are beyond our capacity of
calculation, the best formula we can apply is a probabilistic one.

cheers
T.Alan

To paraphrase Gunner - we know it is getting warmer but WHY.

As for a mini ice age the only graphs of temperature that I've seen
show an over all increase in temperature from 1880 until 2010. The
year by year records show a yearly difference plus or minus the
previous year but a 5 year average shows a fairly smooth and constant
increase with the largest increase from 1980 - 2010.

--
John B.

Actually John..thats not particulary true either.

Id strongly suggest you do a google on "weather instruments bad
locations"

When a temperature gauge is installed in the middle of a blacktopped
parking lot in the middle of an airport....it gives you badly flawed
data

Gunner

Yes, that was part of the Berkeley Group's contribution to the field.
Their calculations allow for that phenomena. Another place that
temperature recording is skewed is "downtown" right in the middle of
the city, and for similar reasons, and I suppose that on top of Mt.
Washington would probably skew things the other way :-)

From the Berkeley Team:

The chairman of the research team, Richard A, Muller, wrote in a
letter to the Wall Street Journal:

Again, our statistical methods allowed us to analyze the U.S.
temperature record separately for stations with good or acceptable
rankings, and those with poor rankings (the U.S. is the only place in
the world that ranks its temperature stations). Remarkably, the poorly
ranked stations showed no greater temperature increases than the
better ones. The mostly likely explanation is that while low-quality
stations may give incorrect absolute temperatures, they still
accurately track temperature changes.

--
John B.