Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes Mike Barnes is offline

Default OT? New Zealand trip

Bob Minchin :
Mike Barnes wrote:
.

Internal travel is more difficult than you'd think.

Could you expand on that comment please Mike?

Roads are generally poor and distances great. Internal flights are
expensive. I didn't use the railways but from what I recall they were
few and far between, and rather slow. Our friends in Wellington had
lived there for nearly ten years and had managed to see less of the
country than we did.

You mentioned cheap motels and the good news is that every one we stayed
in had cooking facilities and a communal laundry, which we found very
useful.

--
Mike Barnes