Matthew Clement

Default Loop-in wiring and Ikea lights (safe?)

On 3 Nov 2003 20:39:18 GMT, wrote:

If the list of wires had as its last line "Three yellow/green wires:
connected to earth", I'd have said "good enough"; a connector block
is acceptable if it fits nicely in the back box of the fitting, which
then acts as the required non-flammable enclosure. Are you sure there's
only one green-yellow wire? Maybe (this is quite common) it's got all
three earth wires, I mean Circuit Protective Conductors, twisted together
in one piece of green-and-yellow sleeving?

You can sleep easy. As you rightly point out, there are three earth
wires which have been joined together and covered in a single
yellow-and-green sleeve.

Thanks for the help!