Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Boat trailer question

"Jim Wilkins" wrote

I'd make the steel rail sides low like a construction trailer and provide
stake pockets so he can choose the wooden side height, and be responsible
for the consequences.

He has told me himself he tends to overload, but even with higher stuff, you
can get a lot more in of light stuff like branches and leaves.

He's a precision mechanic at a company that makes I don't know what. But
he's very smart. He's going to do some work on my ATV's and help me with
the shop, and I'm going to weld his trailer up probably just the way he
wants it. I imagine it will be a metal low wall, probably expanded metal,
then pockets for some plywood and 2 x 6 panels.

All in all, I think it will be a very fair trade. He doesn't weld, nor have
any welding equipment.

Steve