Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Carpet spots

At church, I've been using powder Ultra Tide in the
extractor. About a tsp per five gallons or so of hot water.
Seems to be doing excellent job. I keep pulling up buckets
of mud from the carpet.

Might work for you, also, in a Rinse N Vac.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Rebel1" wrote in message
Thanks, all, for the comments. The carpet is only a couple
of years old,
and it has never been cleaned with anything other than my
home vacuum
cleaner. There's been spot cleaning with Resolve, and
sometimes with a
foam spray. Hardly enough to wet the pad.

I walk along the spotted area in going from my kitchen to my
computer,
often carrying a cup of tea. Perhaps there were some drips
from a
slightly over-filled cup of tea that left a stick residue as
Derby
suggested. The pattern of spots matches that theory. I'll
try using some
other solvent cleaner - like rubbing alcohol or an
ultra-concentrated
dish washing soap - after first testing on a piece of scrap.